Friday, June 13, 2008

Spring Birding in Cache Valley

Western Meadow Lark on grass, near the Barrens Audubon Sanctuary Amalga.


Yellow Headed Black Bird doing the splits, near Mendon.




House Sparrow on cat tail stem, near Newton.




Yellow Headed Blackbird Singing with blue pond water in background, at pelican pond near Young Ward.



Short Eared Owl? on look out Near the Barrens Audubon Sanctuary, near Amalga.


Notes and photos from last April....(I am trying to get caught up)


This spring I have been cruising the back roads of Cache Valley Utah trying to get some good bird photos. I have reduced to shooting wildlife and abstracts while I what for the ugly brownness and deadness of early spring to pass. Scenics are what I am excited to shoot as the spring green kicks in and all the flowering happens...but for now closeups hiding the ugly brown sogginess of the wider photo...On the positive side I have a growing collection of bird and wildlife closeup photos :-)


comments are appreciated and please visit my photo website...



http://www.brackenberger.com/






No comments: